Thank you for your interest in working as a Journal Coordinator with TGS!
As the Journal Coordinator, your job will primarily consist of coordinating the journal’s marketing presence for the year (e.g. running TGS Tuesdays, queuing up calls for submissions, sharing any relevant/interesting literary links, and whatever else you’d like!), managing the illustrators, and assisting the Editor-in-Chief as needed.
Please see below for the role’s requirements:
- Familiarity with graphic design software/websites (e.g. Photoshop, Canva, etc.)
- Assist with the hiring of illustrators for the 2020/2021 year
- Manage the illustrators over the course of the 2020/2021 year (i.e. assigning deadlines, overseeing the draft process)
- Strong attention to detail
- Good design sense (please help us maintain the TGS aesthetic!)
- Exemplary sense of time management
- Strong familiarity with social media (Facebook, in particular)
- Liaison with the English Department to promote our journal
- Oversee (in conjunction with the Print Manager) the copy-editing process
- Assist the Editor-in-Chief as needed
- Able to attend online meetings with the executive team
DEADLINE TO APPLY: SEPTEMBER 14TH, 2020 @ 11:59PM